Pressure Injuries Series Part 5 of 5 (Considerations and Implementations) (CE)
- Publication Year
- 60 Minutes
- Session Chair
- Nancy Morgan, RN, BSN, MBA, WOC, DWC, OMS
Enter the code “Hartmann23” for free access to this course when you register through 12/31/23.
Pressure Injuries Five Part Series - 1 Hour Session
Part 5 - Considerations and Implementations
This is the final webinar in a series dedicated to Pressure Injuries.
Webinar Learning Objectives:
1. Describe biophysical and surgical treatment options for pressure injuries.
2. Identify at least three interventions for the management of wound pain.
3. Differentiate between prevalence and incidence rates.
4. Identify at least two strategies for implementing PI guidelines.
In 2002, experienced nurses and consultants Nancy Morgan and Donna Sardina noticed a disturbing trend in healthcare. Nurses and other healthcare professionals were passionate about wound care, but access to specialized wound education was either non-existent or limited.
Determined to find a way to improve wound care outcomes and practitioners’ careers, Nancy and Donna combined their shared passion for healing by creating hands-on wound care training and structured wound care education classes. The Wound Care Education Institute® mission is to impact the lives of both individual practitioners, and the patients in need of wound care.